Here are some ideas to help you decorate your fall basket for the cooler weather:
- Have a Pansy plant, especially the cool wave fire pansies that would give a combination of red and gold color in your hanging basket. This cool wave color will give a lush and cozy look to your hanging basket!
- Snapdragon plants are perfect for the sweater weather, so welcome the fall with this plant on your hanging basket. Besides, it can survive winter in Zones 8 or warmer.
- A combination of flowering cyclamen and needle grass in your hanging basket will give it a beautiful look because of its textural tapestry.
- The common fall hanging basket plant is the garden mum. This will never get out of style, but you may want to choose a color that will match your home’s exterior designs. However, in northern regions, chrysanthemum easily gets brown because of hard frosts.
- If you are in warm regions, consider Beacon impatiens. These are disease-resistant plants that can withstand the fall’s weather.